Furutech GTX-D Rhodium Duplex Outlet
The Pure Transmission Mission
A very Furutech power product, manifesting a devotion to best performance in every element of AC and signal transfer Considering that what you actually hear is in a very real sense the direct product of the incoming AC then the final few feet are of prime importance for best performance.
Of course everyone would love to make pure-copper receptacles, but its malleability – lack of stiffness – makes pure copper a poor choice. That’s why you’ll find phosphor bronze or brass in some receptacles. Furutech’s intense engineering scrutiny has resulted in an industry-first, a technique allowing us to use special Furutech 24k gold- or rhodium-plated α (Alpha) pure copper conductors strengthened and sprung by our innovative nonmagnetic Stainless Steel Conductor Spring System that keeps a firm grip yet won’t damage male connector blades or their plated surfaces. Even the screw-down pressure plates are curved to maximize contact area. The GTX receptacle can be summed up in a word; virtuoso!
Feel, experience and communicate with music and sound!
you purchase your Furutech outlets at Take Five Audio you can select to
have them Pre-Conditioned (burned-in) prior to shipment, please allow 5
days for this service to be performed before shipment.
• Rhodium or gold-plated α (Alpha) Pure Copper Conductor (0.8mm)
• Nonmagnetic stainless conductor spring system
• Body material: Nylon/fiberglass with piezo ceramic and carbon damping material
• Cover material: Polycarbonate
• Parts set with nonmagnetic 2.0mm-thick stainless brace plate
• Specified for wire diameters of 4mm (set screw)
• Dimensions: 104.0 mm (L) x 47.2 mm (W) x 28.0 mm (H)
• Total attention to detail and build quality extends right down to a specially designed patent-pending conductor pressure plate (see below) that increases contact area
• Furutech spade terminal FP-209 recommended for 10 AWG wire
Type: 2-pole+earth Rating: 20A 125V A.C.
"The new Rhodium plating offers high resolution, transparent and precise sound. The high signal-to-noise ratio delivers greater contrasts across the entire frequency spectrum along with tight and precise bass. Rhodium especially excels in the high frequencies which are detailed and clear. Overall rhodium yields a super responsive, delicate, expressive and neutral sound…”
"Gold plating is ideal for enthusiasts who prefer a flowing, somewhat warm and softer sound. With a slightly thicker layer of gold plating than before the sound is a touch more precise allowing a stable soundstage and a smoother tonal balance. With better response and dynamics the new cable yields a detailed, powerful bass and an overall expressive sound….”